Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex86 View Post
I feel you bro. I was jobless after graduating from uni in 2009, it took me a year to land a job after hundreds of resumes sent, 10-20 failed interviews. The worst interview that I had was when a guy asked me how many line of C codes that I wrote in my final year project. I was a little boy back then and said maybe hundred lines or something. Then he looked at my transcript and said ABAB somethings and said I lacked of perspective (to a little boy who was jobless for months). Not sure what was the reason, I saw a smile on his face, and he failed me later. But thanks to him, I know how fast I can type in programming language after that and been improving it. The "lack of perspective" part encouraged me tried more and failed more. I took my courage to hang out with friends during weekend and said I need help, any help would be appreciated. They gradually stop saying sh*t and started to help with information and encouragement. The first job that I had was from referral, not the best, but better than nothing. There is always a way out in life, I do hope the best for you.
This is really inspiring. People out there who is still whining and crying no jobs want them should learn from you.

All those jobless ppl out here reading your post should feel ashamed. There really is no excuse. The only excuse is the jobless person himself/herself.