Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Performance bonus is not about scholar status. Its about work done and contribution to sch/cluster. And of course your substantive grade. I.e its easier to get A in geo2 and 3 grades. When you are in GEO4 and above, it will get tough as they bar is raised with officers already appointed as kp. Even for them, A is. Not. A guarantee unless they have made significant contributions to school or cluster.
Agree. Elite scholars will be promoted faster as they are deemed to have a greater capacity to lead and excel and as a result a higher cep. Because of that, they may also be given more responsibilities with wider scope, which usually should not be an problem for them to do them to a satisfactory level. So that may translate to a better pb for some. I am not sure if the SLs consider their status before deciding on a perf grade, since these individuals are to be able to perform. I have yet to see a C-/D graders scholars in my decades of service.

For the majority, we are farmers whose hard work may or may not be recognised. It depends on one’s visibility, RO’s ability, and more importantly, his/her relationship with others, particularly the KPs and SLs. If the efforts are affirmed, a B grade is often within reach. A grade, depends. Nowadays, with the covid situation, A is no longer some legendary performance even for geo 4 and beyond. Of course, you will really need to slog. I have gotten that grade twice even when I was at geo 5. I led in most of the things, with impact level at school and cluster level.

On short, know yourself well to take on work that you can excel in. There is no use in assuming multiple roles when you are not able to do them well. In the long run, you will also be jaded and will even find it hard to have a breakthrough. Plan the years ahead well and know how to play the game.