Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The older firm couldn’t afford me anymore, remuneration wise. It was well below market rate and there wasn’t much work coming in. Practically all the partners are semi retired. Remuneration was slightly more over at my present place and it had links commercially. The rosy picture was well a false facade. I’ve learnt that Associates don’t last past 6mth-1yr.

The current firm encourages file bidding, and you get accused of being non pro active if you don’t get involved in volunteering yourself. This gets inextricably linked to bonuses.

I’ve been sabotaged by my fellow Associates over minor things, which they do in their bid to please the Partners. These Partners love bootlickers and favoritism. Associates have sabotaged trainees too to prevent them from surpassing them.

Partners turn a blind eye to behind the scenes, exercise favourite am, while they fill their rich pockets with profits, nice cars and big homes, I’ve not had a week since a joined the firm without abuse.

As mentioned, been singled out by one Partner all the time. Im tired of the accusations which pains me everyday. They are unsubstantiated and this Partner has tried to force me to confess things that I have never done. Partner does not give me a chance to speak and interrupts when I try to contribute.

As I post this, I am so genuinely disheartened. I doubt my ownself everyday. Never felt like this as TC or in my previous place.

Helpless and hopeless. Why did I join law?
Just know your own value lah. Why stick around to get bollocked everyday? GTFO. you’re an adult and a professional - why are you taking the abuse.