Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - almost 30 years old and no job experience
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2022, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looking at these anti-SIM comments makes me realise how lucky I was to have parents that decided to bail me out from entering SIM to study at an overseas uni.

Sure, some locals look down on overseas uni grads too, but at least with that degree, I have been able to land jobs in both the public and private sector without issue.

The world is such a harsh and biased place. Sometimes it's just down to how lucky you are rather than how good you actually are.

That said, I know at least 3 friends who went to SIM/SIM UOL who are earning a lot more than myself, with high positions in their companies. Ironically, one of them said he wouldn't hire a SIM grad himself. Even though it seems like most of them don't do well in the working world, it would still be wrong to assume that 100% of SIM grads are useless.
"Sure, some locals look down on overseas uni grads too" - lol no. anyone with half a brain knows that overseas unis are expensive af and are regarded highly in those overseas countries. its like saying if some foreigner went to NTU / NUS and goes back home , people back home will look down on NTU / NUS. does that make any sense to you?

"That said, I know at least 3 friends who went to SIM/SIM UOL who are earning a lot more than myself, with high positions in their companies." - pointless anecdotal evidence. if we go out of context and talk about the top 1%ers, why even bother counter-arguing in the first place.

the context here is that TS is a soon to be SIM graduate with no internship and no relevant experiences. doesnt matter if ur friend did this or that, we're not talking about ur friend here...