Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Seeking Advice For Jobs In Finance Sector
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 12:04 PM

jerrykoh82 is on a distinguished road

Hi, thanks for the reply and insights. It will be great that someone will share more about the life of a business analyst, risk analyst in a mnc environment.

I believe that if one is to have a job for the long term, it is one that one really enjoys and likes. So working is like playing. No need to be motivated but self-motivated.

At least I know something, an engineer's job is pretty routine. In fact, I found most jobs in the engineering field does not require a degree qualification, in fact through my experience with 4 different companies, I do find that the job scope do not require one with a degree qualification.

Anyone can fill that place with the in-house training.

For me, I am a creative person and always eager to learn new things. That explains why I constantly looks outside of the academic and attend seminars to upgrade.

I believe the financial industry provides what I'm looking for. However, as I have never been in the finance industry, I will be glad if someone will highlights the pros and cons of the jobs as described above based from personal experience.

It will give insights if it is a career that will give me job satisfaction.