Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Finance Thread
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2022, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am a student currently doing an off-cycle internship full time and studying as well (not taking LOA because I find a way to attend classes with leaves and negotiating for a few hours off the office sometimes since I am quick with my work).

I am about a month or two in and I am getting envious of people hanging out with their friends or bf/gf when I do see their Instagram stories or to do stuff on weekends. I think it may be because nowadays I am mostly catching up on my studies during the weekends but truth to be told I ain't a very social person to begin with.

I am wondering if these are the same sentiments among the people in the same industry due to the work hours and how to combat it if that is the case.

As of now, I am just "psycho-ing" myself that I am working hard now to earn good money in the future and retire early whereas most of them I am envy of are likely to be stuck in the cycle of working for money for their rest of life. Further, not many at early 20s would eventually stable down with their current partners or the people they go out with. Wondering if I should get help...
I'm in the same boat. I graduated few years back and have been working in a pretty good job - long hours but high pay compared to my peers (pulled almost 150k last year).

It's hard to have a social life once you start working and if you want to maintain your social circle you'll really need to make an effort to do so, which admittedly I haven't done much to improve that (weekdays OT + weekends too tired to go out). Feel quite aimless but I guess that's how it is?