Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - almost 30 years old and no job experience
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2022, 07:01 PM
Verified Member

pokey93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Go take up internship in your 2nd or final year. Don't just sit around and not do internships, you are competing against other uni students with 1-2 internships from local unis.

By gap year you mean Poly / JC -> Esports -> Uni?

Just don't put your Poly / JC details. No one cares anyway, resume school qualification is always latest education acquired, not your past educations.

You think it makes sense to put your Primary, Secondary, Poly / JC then Uni details in your resume? no bro lol it looks like you're just trying to pad your resume with ********.

Just put Uni course, school name, GPA, what year to what year.

Then get a few internships or do some cyber security side projects and put those in your resume. Don't fking put your esport nonsense in your resume wtf confirm kena laugh at and your resume tossed into the trash.
I am unsure about the last part since most professional HR advice on youtube videos and google says it's very bad to have gap years in your resume. Like they will assume criminal records or health issues if you don't put something they can verify? Esports can still be a career choice I am not sure what is so funny about that?

Internships wise, I don't want to reduce what I am learning in my degree for work since it will take away time from my degree which might cause me to score a lower grade. My parents heavily emphasized learning from my degree and said that learning is the most important part of what I will do in the future.

And sorry but your grammar is making it very difficult for me to read because of multiple red lines i see with my program

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Last edited by pokey93; 24-03-2022 at 07:05 PM.