Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Burnt out teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The best advice is go to another school. Hard truth is that after so many years, these people ie KPs are not gg to change their opinion of you. No matter how much you do they will still give you same grade since they obviously already don’t see you highly.
Fresh start elsewhere and you may really fly. A change of environment is definitely a better solution then quitting. If change environment and still the same…then MAYBE can consider quitting for good. I made the same mistake as you due to sentimental reasons and basically my career is already over in terms of progression. Ageism is real.
Thank you for your reply. My colleagues actually told me to "wait it out" for those KPs and SLs to leave but not sure how long I can wait...

You are right in your advice to start afresh somewhere new. The only thing that's holding me back is that my own kids are in the same school as me so I thought logistics wise it's easier and it's nearer to my place of residence. But I guess the benefits of starting somewhere new outweighs that...

Oh dear, you mean you left the service? So what are you currently doing now? I'm sure you are happier though than before.....