Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2022, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all. I saw No data under PRB Statements. Is it mean a D for me?
It is due diligence of the SLs and the RO to inform an officer that he/she is at risk or being awarded a D.
You should not be finding out that you are getting a D firsthand from HRP.

Perhaps there is some uploading issues. Try again latest tomorrow, then approach your RO or SLs if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
GEO 3 - B 2.5

3 years of B..

Wondering when will I go to GEO 4
Good grades is a pre-requisite for promotion, but does not equate to promotion. Your grade is an acknowledgement that you are doing more/better work output than peers of the same subgrade.

There are other factors, and one key factor that school can contribute to is raising your CEP. Your promotion would generally be faster if the school perceive that you are capable of reaching SEO1 and above before retirement. For such cases, good interpersonal skills and critical thinking would play an important role.

Doing good SOLO work is great for getting good PBs yearly, but to be identified as a potential SH/HOD/ST/LT/VP/P/etc, you will need to show that you can lead a group of teachers, as well as manage them well. You must also demonstrate that you can look at the macro perspective of matters.

I.e. If you are fantastic classroom teacher and produce results and do work assigned to you well, the school would rightly assign you an A or B grade. However, that does not translate to being able to lead a department, and is also independent on whether you proactively share and guide colleagues in professional development.

A fantastic A/B grade teacher can be amazing when given instructions on what to do, but for SEO1 and above, they would want to see you identify issues or areas of growth, and take the initiative to do something about it instead of waiting for others to tell you what should/can be done.

I hope this helps you in your journey.