Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have you researched on the state of the financial sector around the world?
i graduated in 2009. Nothing is worse than that, not even asian financial crisis in 1997. MAS had to step in n offer schemes for banks to hire fresh grads at 2k/mth.

i laughed at my peers back then when i look at their low pay. fast forward they are now earning more than me and are getting headhunted, while i am stuck here. at gatherings, they network among themselves talking abt opportunties n lobangs in the financial sector. Ever heard of anyone networking with a civil servant? That's right, nobody networked with me. At that pt i knew my career path was wrong already.

I missed the boat last time round. I am not going to miss the boat again. So don't come and tell me about the current crisis. It is nothing compared to the one I experienced.

Put it this way. If u wanna leave banking, u can go into civil service as mid position (may not be high flyer role though). There is no way a civil servant can join banking as mid position. Even scholars after serving their 6 yrs bond in civil service find it hard to break into banking no matter how fantastic their overseas education is.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app