Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Part Time Diploma in Local Polytechnic
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 10:25 PM

zippygassy is on a distinguished road
Wink Part Time Diploma in Local Polytechnic

Hello everybody,

I would like to share about my part time diploma study in polytechnic.
I graduated from ITE full time course, Business Higher Nitec. I graduated with GPA 3.4, this was 10 ten years. After I graduated from ITE, I studied 2.5 years of part time Diploma in Administration in Temasek Polytechnic. My classmates were from 23 to 45 years old. Each semester costs $780 at that time. Some of them were sponsored by Ministry of Education. They had worked in the company for a very long time, more than 8 years. The entry requirement for this course was not difficult, they accepted my part time admin working experience although it was stated minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.

Next, I would like to share my part time Diploma in Veterinary Technology, 2.5 years. Temasek Polytechnic accepted students from different education background like graduated students from:
1) ITE with no experience in Veterinary Industry and no relevant education.
2) My oldest classmate is 46 years old working office job.
3) School fees is $504.55 for each semester, for Singaporean.
4) Students need to attend classes 3 times a week; 3 times online lesson using Microsoft Team or attend practical lessons depend on timetable.
5) Each semester around 4 months 2 weeks.
6) There are 3 tests; Test 1 (written test) , Test 2 (written test), Practical Test (Attend test school), individual or group assignment, Lab worksheet.
7) Subject to changes: 20% weightage for each test (Test 1 and 2), 30% for Practical Test, 20% to 35% for individual or group assignment and 10% for class participant.
8) Because of pandemic, students did online tests for the first semester at home with stable wifi. Students are require to download Microsoft Team on their phone with camera on facing them for online test. Students also require to login polymall, student email and Microsoft Team often to keep themselves updates on school work, like submit assignment, school fees and latest school announcement.
9) School will upload the studies slides on polymall.
10) Students need to login Microsoft Team for every online lesson.
11) School allows student to bring their pet; dog, cat, rabbit, hamster, chinchilla for one of the module, Animal Care, depends on which lesson.
12) Students may login Singpass to print their certificate after completed each module.
13) School will require students to do online survey on the lecturers and subject after completed each module.
14) There are Dr and Temasek polytechnic lecturers to teach the students.

Last edited by zippygassy; 09-03-2022 at 10:26 PM. Reason: font is too big