Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is this tech job normal?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeltan View Post
hi,

im currently a junior dev at a large tech company. pay sucks ( 4.2k ), no stocks, remote job.

previously i interned here back when i was in NTU comp science ( grad 2021 ) and the work was fun, i got to learn a lot of things and go to the office to meet teammates.

when they offered me a full-time conversion, i enjoyed my work so i took it... but when i came back as a fulltime, i found out im in a different team and cannot change... im isolated from this team, whatever task they doing im not involved. i dont know why... i asked to be involved and they just tell me to wait for new tasks but it never comes.

i work here for almost 6 months already and still no work to do. is this normal? i know im new so need onboard all those but for 6 months ?

should i just leave and find a new job? anyone else faced this issue?
I wished I had this kind of slow pace on-boarding. For my new job, I had to resolve like multiple outstanding issues of a few systems that were pending for anything between 3-6months. On top of that, have to oversee 2 new projects. All this happen while I need to understand business processes and the systems and it doesn’t help when there are no documentations about the systems. Plus the vendor is only 6months new.

Like wth….

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app