Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Performance Bonus
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You mean there is a grade ceiling for all position in CS ?? Am I correct to say when the grade ceiling is reached, there will be no more chances to promote to the next grade unless you are offered and take up new position in a different league ie From Executive to Management. Anyone knows what’s the grade ceiling for AE (Admin Executive) working in Ministries ?
Yes of course there is a grade ceiling in your current post. If u stay in your current post forever, how to rise up to a higher position, e.g Assistant Director, Director. Meaning ur current mx13i post is max for executive only. U want higher role like manager or AD need to go other place.

This is where the CEP comes into play. "The highest appointment that one can holds before he or she retires." Grade ceiling for AE i think is mx13i or mx14. You should be able to know from your past working experience there. If maximum mx13i, and only diploma, means its a non-degree role. If assistant manager requires u be MX12 at least, then its for degree holders.