Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Non-tech roles at tech firms
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 09:05 AM

curiousboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'll try to input something useful here, but disclaimer as this is not first hand experience as I'm doing a technical role.

Working in big tech has a certain prestige associated with the brand name, which is most certainly important when considering exit opportunities. Progression is definitely good, but also expect it to be very competitive. Due to the scale of the company, you can get to be a part of very large projects, which adds to both growth and exit opp considerations.

Each company has its own culture, of course. Some tend to be more cut-throat, and others more employee-centric. YMMV
I see, do you know about the growth opp for like say b2b sales role? From what I understand its not as much because you are constantly hitting kpi and doing the same thing over and over again. The reason why I say this is because I went to LinkedIn search ppl in the same said role (sales) and saw them being stuck for like 2-3years. Was wondering whats the average promotion rate?

Also, thanks so much for the reply, appreciate it. Its the more constructive ones compared to the rest haha. Ignore the trolls as well