Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You retarded sibo? Tech is an industry, you think we talking about software engineer meh? Bro your analogy only works if people are claiming to be a software engineer in a tech firm when they are doing other functions like sales/bd/product management
Of course we're talking about software engineers, did you even read the last 10 posts about tech?

Here, let me quote for you.

Quote:
My friend grad from first class in NUS Cs, got into grab, 2YOE, abt 6-7 k now

My other friend same credentials, got into Google cos of good internships, abt 9-10k

But need to be aware that those who get 9-10 K starting in SWE are the top of the batch, same as those who are in business and got into investment banking. Maybe only 1% ?

And whoever that 1% is wont be bothered to troll on this thread and sh*t on ppl
clearly talking about tech role.

Quote:
uhh i wouldnt say easy to get in but its doable

im from NTU, gpa 3.1 only

got into AI US tech, 7.5k after 1 year. but i job search for 3 months after graduation, got rejected by 50+ different companies

not sure ... i mean im average so maybe thats why took me so long, if youre above average then of course its easy for u lol
AI = tech.

Tech role.

Quote:
Y1: Shopee, 75k base
Y3: promoted, 90k base

50k stocks, vested 3 years.

Good easy life. Hybrid, Mon - Wed WFH, Thurs - Fri office.

Lol @ anyone who's not in tech, easiest field to get in, even non-cs students are already coming to shopee after they do graduate programs at DBS and other companies.

Even without CS degree, as long as u have 1-2 yoe in tech, you can get into the market easily and make bank.
75k base in shopee?

clearly tech role as well.

Not even product manager at shopee makes 60k base as fresh grad / 0 yoe so it's obvious this person is talking about tech role. ( SWE / SDE / SRE etc )

Quote:
haha you're so out of touch its almost unreal

i know 2 ppl who were just offered 13k salaries as a blockchain engineer at a name-brand crypto company. both <2 yoe.

you say that you work in tech, yet you seem to be completely oblivious to how inflated tech salaries have become

your tech is the smart local ah?
block chain engineer = tech role.

I knew you guys were dumb af but you're probably the biggest dumbass of them all. Good job. Try harder next time.