Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2022, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't believe this horse-crap. The only prestigious US firms which truly require a Harvard or Columbia JD are those which are not "international" i.e. those which have one office in the US and so are very selective but also have an extremely small intake - Cravath or Wachtell, for example.

Most other large US firms (especially those at the very top) have moved with the times and are open to hiring from a wide range of universities (including from those many would widely consider less prestigious), even non-JDs.

I'm not trying to say that there is no value in a Harvard JD, but there is the opportunity cost to consider. You can weigh for that yourself.
I'm not the poster you're replying to but why is it "horse-crap"? You're actually not in disagreement with his/her points.

He's/She's saying that Harvard JD is helpful but not necessary for top US firms. You're saying that blue-blooded firms like Cravath & Wachtell truly require a HYS JD but other US firms (even near top ones) do not.

He's/She's saying if money is no object, go for the Harvard JD. You're saying that there's opportunity costs to consider.

It may give you self-masturbatory pleasure to hurl insults at other peoples' opinions online, but do stop to think whether your oh-so-clever opposing views are really in opposition in the first place, otherwise you're just adding to the toxicity online.