Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Barclays
Thread: Barclays
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2022, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm just saying that in credit cards, you are in a revenue generating function. and even if you are in UOB doing credit cards, it is still better than being in a cost centre function like compliance in barclays.

different roles, so i am in no way concluding that UOB is a better bank than Barclays. But i am indeed saying that credit cards > compliance. and therefore in this situation, being in UOB credit cards is better than being in Barclays compliance

also am not trying to put everyone down who considers the compliance prog in Barclays. Some people genuinely enjoy their jobs there and they like it. I am happy for them. You find your own interests and find a job that matches it. That's it. and if compliance is that job that matches your interests, then fair enough. You don't have to be in a "revenue generating" dept. Those are just meaningless debates at the end of the day unless you really want to get the best pay/best career growth etc. etc.
Ya I think no one is trying to debate or argue on this. It’s good to have differing views and for us to elaborate on them, I’m sure it has helped those who aren’t sure about the banking industry nor have experiences in banking to know more.