Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2022, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’ve graduated from SIM several years ago and right now I’m a project leader in McKinsey. I did my masters as well at Cambridge.

So let me tell you, your idea is invalid.

You can argue that not all students from private uni go on to target unis for postgrad or into top firms, but as long as a few do, this shows the degree is recognised. Then let me ask you, how many of local Uni grads made it to top target schools for masters too? Aren’t they also a handful? Let me share some info then, we have several students who eventually got offers from top unis worldwide such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and the list goes on. No kidding a simple LinkedIn search and you can find them. We also have many students who interned at notable firms such as BCG (yes!), AWS, Tik Tok, ACN, big 4 and more…as well as grads who went on to top MNCs too such as JP Morgan, Bank of America, BCG, McKinsey and so on…

I am proud to say I am a SIM graduate and even prouder that I have achieved all these despite the kind of remarks from people like yourself or how the local Uni students look at us. Of course, I’ve came across nice and respectful uni grads who see us the same as all other Uni students during internships, I think that’s the reason why they made it in too.

It’s about time you improve yourself as a candidate, and doing so by bringing others down. This doesn’t reflect badly on them but only you. All the best!
Mckinsey doesn’t even use the title project leader, you are mixing this up with bcg