Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2022, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Private u grads that enter Accenture have met the necessary requirements, or in fact even performed better than some of the local uni grads. Just do a simple search and you can find of course not all but there are private Uni grads who have great internship experiences in top firms (some of them that even local Uni grad don’t have) as well as leadership positions. If you made it in, it boils down to the fact of individual achievements.

As a Manager in ACN, I have a wide array of students or freshers in the projects I handled in the past, let me just share one point, many private Uni students are willing to put in the effort and even more so than some of the local Uni graduates. Of course, local Uni grads I would say are just as good as long as individuals have what it takes to succeed, regardless of University it boils down to what you as an individual can bring to the company.

You just sound super inferior as someone who may get in together with these graduates or you are just someone who is rejected. Probably work in yourself first before blaming it on the company. An advice to you from someone who is in this company or even just a professional with years of experience, please change your mindset and work on yourself.

Fellow ACN senior analyst here, I do agree on this. We’re living in 2022 now, it’s time we’re open minded. Some of my top interns performers are from private universities, I do not see a problem with that. Just to share, interns go through a rather stringent round of selections, from application > pymetrics > hirevue > assessment Center > phone/video interview > offer, and along this process, applicants are factor out. Even if they are private Uni students, and they eventually made it in with an offer, this proves their abilities and what they can bring to the table. You should instead feel worried if someone you see less favourable or you look down on, make it in as well, you’re on par in terms of standards.

University degree only impact your initial application, once you make it to the interview stages, no one cares where you come from. After your first job, promotion or next jobs, again no one cares what Uni degree you have.