Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Had been jobless and took the sgunited midway career switch. It is damn useless la. Idk why the gahmen keep championing it. Even those retrenched pmet have to get a huge salary cut in order to get re-employed and kowtow to millennials, who probably earn more than me coz they are young

Bear in mind, when u r in your 40s, u r out of the economy already. U r tardy, slow and probably expensive. Still wanna mid career switch? Wake up from your Singaporean dream pls
In your 40s still not out of the economy. My company currently hired someone in her 50s and you see even those in 50s still can job hop. So there is always good news. Whether you want to be optimistic or grumble whole day is your choice. The government incentives may not work for some but it definitely work for some other ppl who are positive towards the approach. I understand it is really frustrating to see help coming your way but it is an unhelpful help. It is alright to rant in forums. No problem. Be sure to continue searching and make adjustments to your expectations. Once you are start rejoining the workforce, you will have other frustrations and stress.