Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2022, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwcp7308 View Post
(posting here from another thread but realised this place might be more relevant)

hi all, wanted to get ur advise on this.
i am on 2year-contract scheme with enterprise sg since jun 2020. starting pay was 4.0k with zero yearly increment, annual is 12+1 per year (means jun'21 get 13th mth)
my bosses have been pushing for my perm conversion since jan'21 due to good performance, appraisal is basically EE at my 6m and 12m mark. in a 12 month period, everyone else on my team either quit or rotated out. I am the only idiot that stayed behind, and i'm now considered as "senior". I am also the first fresh grad that my team ever hired which speaks of the difficulty in my role.
In terms of (soft) skillset needed, its a mix of BD, IR, and account management.

right now, HR has finally started the conversion process after months of waiting. they want to offer me emplacement in my current team (means no change nor increment at all). the terms are:
1 same starting pay as i got in jun'20 i.e. 4k (which if u think about inflation and gst, im getting a pay decrease)
2 my accrued leave will be cancelled and encashed, start from 0 again.
3 next promotion can only happen in april'23 (means 1 more year of shitpay and shitrank) while other same batch ppl (but MAs) would probably be 1-2 years ahead of me in terms of position and pay.
4 probation for 6 months even though i've worked in my current team going to be 2 years now.
5 they did say that i am now eligible for all the bonuses that CivS comes with (which will kick in fully only in 2023), but its still not the same and its the lack of increment / recognition that is a slap in the face.

wtf this sounds like carouhell no? i basically start from scratch again like a freshgrad, after hardcarrying my team for the past 1 year plus??

after inflation, 2x EE, and on-the-board jobmarket increases, this is what they can offer?

what do yall think i should do haha
correct me if im wrong, when you signed for this role, you were a fresh grad? Govt agencies have been signing fresh grads on contract basis (1, 1+1 year etc.). Usually they will sign you on as a perm around the 9th month for a 1 year contract. It's either they have their typical red tape process which might have messed things up, or they are just trying to save money but not making you a perm staff.

In any case, given your experience you should have no problem finding a better job elsewhere.