Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All I have to say to fellow Singaporeans is, if the interviewing manager is Indian, be prepared. Indians invite non-india indian for interview not because he wants to hire, but to satisfy formalities of HR. He next thing he will do is to make the candidate feel very bad. Then he will announce to everyone Singaporeans cannot make it, only FT indians are good.

I once called to interview by a so call promising startup ixxxx (wait a minute, funded by singapore tax payer). I went inside the company, every single soul i see are indians.

The interviewing manager is a ft indian formerly working in a*.

i told the manager my background is electrical engineering and i deal with drivers and system software. you know what happen, that manager all the questions on computer science topic.

for the whole interview, i was ask sorting algorithm, searches, recursion, worse best case formulation...etc. I get damn sick at it. all engineers knew that it is impossible for engineerings to cover all area and each engineer has their special focus area.

Another company, kana interview by ft indian also. He throw questions he himselves cannot understand. I said I did software implementation of a certain communication protocol standards.

He interrogate me as if i am a criminal. ask me how come i do this and do that. then he implemented things in a easier way. But then he cannot explain.

He keep on his interrogation, and "click", I finally realise he did not know understand the intricate details of technical implementation. I probe further, and realise he uses a "straight forward IC implementation". While I am doing things from scratch.

But he conduct interview as if he is extremely smart (but actually he is stupid) make me sick to the core.

I bet these FTs only do that on Singaporeans.
let me add another thing. dont wwork for India boss of cse if u r indian you should.