Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Singaporeans have been brought up to think "muti-culturalism" and frown on rascism. Especially when making a professional decision, we try to remind ourselves to be fair when making decisions relating to minority races etc.

Foreigners? You must understand they come from a totally different background. India / China are only recently booming and with a large society breeds a very survivalistic frame of thinking. Morals, ethics are secondary. Self comes first, second is family, third is immediate society. Especially when they are in foreign land, most try to "group" together, form their small societies, help out each other.

Once you put an Indian FT into a position to hire. You will see mini enclaves starting to build up. Inner circle. Community. I help you, you help me. We protect each other.

Not just engineering... it is in every profession. I feel it as well in banking.

You think Citi is bad? It is just starting. Look at SCB... even worse. By the way, heard from my Indian friend that these FT Indians even discriminate against SG Indians.

You go to some Condos, you will find mini China and mini India FT communities building up. check the BBQ pits on weekends you will know which Condo they "attack" already.

Worse, mini communities also forming up and "attacking" Malaysian golf courses. Korean "raiders".

In Singapore, we feel the "impact" on jobs, housing, transport and even schools. Look at our "local" football team now versus our SG team just 10 years ago. You'd see the rapid "progress" we have made here in SG.