Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let me tell u something. I have been interviewing quite a fair bit of Indians in my careers. My impression of them is they only know how to talk but don't know how to do. Ask them why the chicken cross the road they tell you all sort of grandmother storys. As them a question when I say they are wrong they tell u that I am wrong and give me 101 reason why I am wrong.

My friends who have been interviewing candidates actively have the same observations as well.

There are capable Indians as well but they are rare
I used to have a Indian colleague. In the group presentation, she always talk coock. The boss like her very much but everyone loath and despise her.

Normally when engineer make a wrong presentation with colleague and being pointed out, that engineer will apologise. Technical issues are black and white. But that lady was "very confident".

I remember she fight very hard once, telling our team members that some WinCE do not have bootloader. All the colleague shake our head. Nevertheless, Singapore engineering environment is always poisoned with politics. The boss protect her like mad.

I have never met a good Indian engineer here. (I believe many of those in USA are good). That lady always come late leave early, and yet boss like her very much.

In general, I observe boss always like Indians and oppress Singaporeans. I observe that most boss in Singapore are very weak in technical. Here, when you get promoted, it does not mean u are good technically but good at making your boss happy. After rounds of iteration, many up there are scumbags.

From a spiritual point of view, I realise that scumbags attracts one another. They especially like people who can talk, and who stab colleague.

I believe we cannot advance forward without undoing the damages of the social and political control that the government impose on the workers.