Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
count yourself lucky to write these things here without attracting poison detractors. They have been somehow more neutralize by truth-speakers. Earlier on this forum, they are really extremely acrimonious trying very best to hype up engineer's salary.

By the way, I knew few who can make more than 5k after 3-4 years. Those are normally FT indians who play race card. the hiring ft indian managers are willing to give them high pay and to put them in key positions. Their basic may be 4k++ to 5k but during the last decades of good years, if factor in their bonus, they would be equivalent to 5-6k of "normal" engineer pay.

I would like to tell u a personal story. I hate to work in banks because my religion forbids usury. So how do you do, my fellow christians and muslim bankerer?

I send an application to citi. WTF 3 interviewers all ft indians. I walk into their dept, CANNOT see one chinese.

Their questions are extremely poisonous, a few questions shows that managers do not understand the technical part but just to ******** and give me trouble. Nevertheless, they cannot find anything wrong with me.

A FT singh ask me to code a "singleton" real time.

A wrote a piece of code without declaring member "class pointers" to own class as "static". He looks ecstatic. He said, "i have no questions for you anymore".

Citi then inform me I do miserably.

Subsequently, I realise this is ft indian trick. they see u competent and ask until a question you dono. they say "i have no more question for you" and tell you interview over.

I asked an Indian friend. he is quite honest to tell me group-ism of ft indian community. he told me he cruise through interview without nasty questions and those interviewer treat him as buddy.
Let me tell u something. I have been interviewing quite a fair bit of Indians in my careers. My impression of them is they only know how to talk but don't know how to do. Ask them why the chicken cross the road they tell you all sort of grandmother storys. As them a question when I say they are wrong they tell u that I am wrong and give me 101 reason why I am wrong.

My friends who have been interviewing candidates actively have the same observations as well.

There are capable Indians as well but they are rare