Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2022, 09:26 PM
DepressedFreshie

Default Advice for NIE Fresh Grad (GEO 2)

I am NIE fresh grad honours distinction recently posted to a missionary school. I’m still adjusting to the school culture, quite depressing to come to work every morning where the teachers here are not as friendly compared to my practicum neighbourhood schools. So as usual I get blank stares or with no response at all upon a friendly greeting saying Hi, Good Morning or Thank You.

As a BT, I work closely with one particular teacher from my department (whom I will be replacing as she’s leaving). Whenever I ask her questions she often speaks to me in a loud, condescending tone in the staff room, especially with her passive aggressive behaviour. She is constantly rude to me like she speaks to her P5 or P6 pupils. She often threatened me l as though its the end of the world whenever I made mistakes or things that I didn’t know or rather didn’t ask.

Really in need of advice what are the things I should really take note of especially knowing that I will be taking over all her classes at the same time knowing she’s not helping at all for the transition. I really want to help my students to do well despite very minimal resources which I just started building.

Apologies if I’m rambling. Really depressed thinking how to survive my first year.

Thank you to whoever is reading out there.