Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
14 years still just senior engineer meh?
I know of people who 6 years already gone from E5 to E6 to M1.
Then obviously is cannot make it one la.

Cause 14 years outside you would have been principal engineer already.
No standard one ST. Those selected for promotion are their own gang one. Then just arrow all the outsource staff. Dunno how many years ST say will convert outsource to perm. One division can have perm position for managers.

People think ST hire is for talent. Not really la. All those position all filed up by either ex regular la or friend of managers la or connection la. No talent will stay in ST. They only hire for headcount to do the job nobody wants to go. Then their perm staff those senior managers just micromanage you and then take credit for your work. And then this perm staff are the one who get promoted.

Those stay until 14 years are those that can't go anywhere. And maybe since he 14years still just senior engineer and no room for promotion, he probably also bochup lo.

ST alot of snake eater la. Outside you have no skills, bye bye. Here... Different la. The 14 years senior engineer is working. But unlike you, he is working to play politics to climb up the chain la.

This Covid-19 period really show in working world, alot of position is not essential. Just a company money drain.

Where you can have low paid cleaning crew, etc whose job are more essential than all this office workers.
In the past, everyone wants to be "manager". Why? Cause its higher pay and just tell people to do work.

Nowadays the focus have shift to actual talent. Someone who can make amateur video on or male Tik tok viral videos for company is more valuable than so called managers.

Managers are overpriced and overpaid position. Especially in ST, where everyone is a manager. Even in E5 are also called managers. Project manager. Lol.

But the sad fact is ST thrives for under performing people.
Bro i hearsay ST also got something like hot skills allowance on top of monthly base? Can referral me in? I wan eat snake for life like puachuteng too hehe