Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh grad 2020
Thread: Fresh grad 2020
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For all it's worth, my experience in MNCs isn't always that smooth sailing. Like you said, the 'globalization' is really an eye opener but also fraught with challenges. Staying up late sometimes for the US time zones, sometimes for the European time zones and sometimes having to convert to the Chinese time zones right after the US/EU time zones, the travelling and jetlags, the exposure can sometimes become more like a bane. But of course the opportunities are also more. Looking on the bright side, I have VIP membership with Europcar, krisflyer points in the 6 digits until Covid, been to places out of the ordinary, driven around a chunk of europe, entered numerous nightclubs around the world (yeah, good perk) and got to know people with a variety of nationalities and background that I lost track. The opportunities to learn different cultures, how different processes work and all that. Can't reveal too much here but I deal with customers from aerospace, medical, telecomms so those product development, global requirements are definitely stuffs I really appreciate learning. And when I get tired of it, maybe move to another MNC with different specialization. Are you from Micron?
No, not Micron but around there.

Yes, the globalisation part really expands my horizon after leaving the T-related company, showed a lot of eagerness to join the MNC. My company don't use europecar. We use Sixt.

So I guess you go to Europe often? I am more Germany based so we use Sixt. The cars are reasonable. Sometimes if you are lucky, you get a very fast golf and sometimes you get free upgrades like Audi TT if they don't have cars you booked. But I am very careful with credit card details so I usually don't book in advance. I just go and find whatever they have at the airports.

If they don't have it, I will just pay a little to take the D-bahn to another train station to get what I want. Save on seats reservation and that difference can be spent on a nice meal when I reach the hotel. I prefer a nice meal with some wine rather than nightlife. Sorry, can't share the same preference on this.

When you mean global requirements, do you mean UL, CE sort of stuffs? I am into supply chain so I don't do this but I heard from those who do, these are very difficult to meet. But maybe soon they will become my problem... responding to the great R with some nego to another company. Will jump if the price is right

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app