Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup. By far the most honest & accurate description for engineers. However, those wannabe engrs beware, Japanese co. salary are even worse than this.

Taking an example of 2 Hard Disk OEM jap co.

HOYA Magnetics (sold to WD) & Showa Denko. Their engineering managers salaries is starts from 4K. For Showa, if you dun get promoted, you dun get an increment at all. e.g. If I enter the co in 2010 and I am grade 1. I will b stuck at the pat for this grade until i am promoted. Recently, there was a corruption case in in co. Was in the news. Not surprise by their actions with such peanut pay. Just take a person who has less integrity to be corrupted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In typical private sector
engineer: 2-3k
senior engineer: 3.2-5k
principal engineer: above 5k

Ass Manager: above 5k
Manager: above 6k
Dept Manager: above 8k

----------------------------------------------------------------
Promotion prospect for above out of college average engineer

engineer Year 1- Year 3
If people does not give you senior engineer latest at the 5th year, they are telling you to go implicitly.

senior engineer Year 3 -
You can stuck here for rest of your life, but most engineer do not mind if their salary stagnant at around 5k

principal engineer/asst manager Year 8 -
With some luck, a boss who like you, and a reasonably good company, you may get principal engineer at Year 8, and stuck there for rest of your life.

DSTA, DSO, LTA....etc
engineer above 3k
5 years get 5k if you are good at stabbing people

Civil service pay for local non scholar graduate
above 3k
5 years get 5k if you are good at stabbing people

I look at the civil service salary forum, there are lots and lots of ******** similar to engineer salary forum. I am personally in ministry. Take 2nd lower honor teacher as example.

Join GEO 1: 3k
Year 1 after NIE GEO 1A1 : around 3.5k
Year 3-5 after NIE GEO 1A2 : above 5k

Turnover rate: horrible, within 5 years more than 50% resign despite good $$$. Being in ministry and private sector, I 1000% assured you that you find the most wicked people there in government job.

I am seeing lots and lots of ******** in salary forum. I think PAP is trying to paint a good picture.
This posting is response to idiots who tries to paint engineer salary more than 10 000 per month. the truth must be out. nevertheless these liars will always accuse dissenters as cannot-make-in bitter crackpot.