Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They civil service assesses how much to pay an individual based on the degree, experience and age... they know that an arts degree is not a professional degree and the experience as a adminstration manager is nothing but an inflated title... being 40 yrs old already, unlikely to gain employment in private sector... they've got him trapped where he is at... he's at the mercy of moe... The oldest trick in the book is to lure people with a high starting salary, make them feel comfortable, allow them to rot and stagnate their salary... Even worst, when they get past 60yrs old... the civil service might even cut their pay by a huge percentage stating that its becos their perrformance was not like a 30 yrs old... Dun fall for their tricks people... Beware!!!
They say civil service is iron bowel, if you dont make big mistake e.g let mas selamat escape, sure can have life time employment, this is only consolation for me, also not much stress except when principal lady is going through that time of the month which she becomes bitchy, other than that, life is predictable, and smooth sailing. Can go home by 530pm play with my young kid. I recommend this career path who is risk averse, wants work life balance and has a spouse who has a relatively high income ( quite tough to be in a single income family with 3500 pay)