Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After 2-3 years u find going into finance more remote. Today, you are 26 if you are male SG. after 3-years, u are 29. The ACC/BIZ girls already started their career in 21. Lucky girl will be manager by 25-26.

In SG where rank and seniority matters, for managers at 28-29 to take a junior executive under their wings at same age with them.

If you drag a few more years, u 31-32. better give up hope and settle as a goon engineer for and get condemn for the rest of your life. Thats y many smart engineer continue to do their engineering job despite more lucrative finance job.

This is the wickedness of NS. Foreigners and SG girls have time play around and settle a job many years after they started work. For boys, we are destroyed by NS.

By the way, if you grow old, u get kick like no body. PAP always brag job market how good how good, reality is Stanford phd also drive taxi.

I pity new graduate cannot get job. I once mention to my boss and HR that if company can hire from 7 billion all over the world, then many of our fresh grad get screwed. Many colleague to agree that NS screw us, you don really have time to find what you like. You must be settled by 30.

Listen to my advice with caveat. Maybe finance collapse tonite, and bankers become begger. Anyway, life is unpredictable.
hmm. fair enough. i wanna ask something tho. is there any chance of me being able to do MBA in uk/aus? i mean like after having 3 years of working experience. and money isn't a problem too.

if i am not wrong for MBA you need honours, which is something i do not have. i want to know cos i feel that for me, doing an engineering degree + mba would be the way to go.