Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Breach of contract recruitment agency
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Chua View Post
I was finding job 6 months ago through a recruiter, let's call them 'C'. They offered me a job and I accepted the offer and signed C LOA . But I had a change of mind, and eventually told C that I'm not interested, and did not turn up at the client's place to sign the letter of appointment (LOA). Before that I did ask C for the LOA, but C had insisted not to give, saying its for audit compliance and does not carry any of the employment obligation between me and the recruiter.

After I rejected the offer, C reiterated our email exchange and mentioned that there is a contractual obligation between us. In our contract, it was mentioned that I would only consider accepting any client's job offer if C could garner a minimum monthly basic salary of S$3k, which C had successfully done so based on my request. C had negotiated with this client without my knowledge or request, saying that there was 1 competing candidate and C had negotiated for the client to accept me.

C is threatening legal proceedings against me for breach of contract if I do not pay them a compensation of 1 month in salary as per the contractual obligations, which had also stated that if I reneged an offer after acceptance, they could seek compensation from me.

What should I do?
Your English quite powerful and you only 3k? My work place here the engineers paid like 6k above and the email they write not so powerful and clear. Jumble mumble.

You should aim higher bro