Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Architect Salary
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

You must be in back office to only make 30 - 40% more than doctors. Front office is so much higher it's not even comparable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If money is the most important thing for you in choosing a career, finance is (as of now) the easiest and most direct path towards it. Even more than the professionals (doctors/lawyers). So definitely above that of most Architects.

I was from science stream of one of the top JCs. Quite a number of my mates became doctors. A few lawyers. My grades was not fantastic so I ended up in B&F (local uni). Nevertheless, still very close with some of them. We meet up now & then. Point - My annual pay has been consistently 30-40% higher than the docs/ lawyers. My Doc friends work harder than me, shiftwork and weekends etc. All their mind/energy is fully devoted to their line of work. After med school, most of my doc friends have totally no life. Ask them out for drinks or just to hang out, they will tell me that next day got duty.. have to be responsible and sleep early. On weekends/public holidays, they have to work.

I am in my 30s. Some say that in 40s/50s, doctors/lawyers will overtake bankers in terms of compensation. I beg to differ. Not so easy to become surgeon/consultant. Let's say Docs/Surgeons can earn S$1m a year, most of the department heads / MD or D level in my bank also earn that amount. Plus we have accumulated so much more savings in the early years of our career which we can put into investment.

Banking still the easiest path to pot of gold. Speaking from personal experience.