Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - [advice] Recruitment agency bringing me to Small claims tribunal
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

June:

I was finding job through a recruiter, let's call them 'C'. C offered me a job and I accepted the offer via signing of C LOA. But I had a change of mind, and eventually told C that I'm not interested, and did not turn up at the client's place to sign the letter of appointment (LOA).

7 Nov:

C dropped me an email to recover the cost and I continued to ignore.

16 Dec:

C dropped me an email again to ask for preferred date & time for mediation and if I do not reply by the deadline given, C would commence legal proceedings against me.

27 Dec:

I have filed a report to TAFEP against C.

I have phone call mediation with C and C mentioned can only allowed 5% discount for lump sum payment or 3 months instalment. But I negotiated to 12 month installment or 50% goodwill discount.

28 Dec:

C dropped me an email that 12 months installment or 50% goodwill discount is rejected. C offered a 5 months instalment and first payment has to be paid by 29 Dec. However I dropped an email to insist on 12 months instalment

29 Dec:

C managed to approve the 12 months installment and to be paid by 30 Dec, if not C would commence legal proceedings against me.

TAFEP dropped an email to C for investigation and C sent me an email to inform me not to pay for any installment to fully cooperate with TAFEP. Not even 2 hours later, I received an email from C about Small Claim Tribunal (SCT) against me.

30 Dec:

I have made the 1st installment.

What should I do?