Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
You can't even justify your point properly and you have to drag individuals' personal conduct into the picture to justify the lack of talent. You say this as though there are fewer of such cases in the private sector. Fact is, scandals exist everywhere. It has got nothing to do with general competencies which is the issue here.

Can't be helped that you disliked your time in the service. I can't imagine you doing any better outside actually, with attitude like yours.
With people like you that do not see the critical link between moral personal vices and educational profession, I am not surprise to see so many teachers screwing students. Even female teachers go to bed with students, and the most high profile case is Goh Ken Swee grandson Goh Ken Yi was recently exposed in court of screwing his teacher.

I really doubt your IQ.

Back to your point, regarding professional knowledge. This is some of my experience of talent I found in MOE.

I was once furious that MOE's edumail was 100++M, without client and support no POP, pure HTTP based, get log out in couple of minutes. And worse, MOE paid for these lousy service and we get free Gmail from google in couple of Gig.

I wrote to IDA, I think it reach someone like Tee Miang and his lackey L. These IDA folks, high ranking, drawing a lot of $$$ cannot even understand the technical terms I wrote. (from the reply they wrote)

Throw me back a email accusing me CC many people using false charges. I wrote in another technical mail, rebuking all the points, I guess they don understand the technical terms.

IDA called me and want to meet me. I told the person I will stop this because as a civil servant, I fully understand that a underling will be held scapegoat.

Can some imagine MOE's edumail was 100++M (if i don remember wrongly), without client and support no POP, pure HTTP based, get log out in couple of minutes. That is 2008 and they actually pay lots of $$$ for this. You call these IT people talent?

The next thing is I attend IDA conference on WIFI-ing the school, where they bring in a lot of vendor. A fat chap from Qala says that we a school need 20-30 AP (cant really remember the number but I think its exhorbitant).

I throw the question to the IDA people. I say my experience in deploying 802.11 BG network is 4 AP within 30m indoor. I cannot figure out the rational of 20-30 AP in a school, and according to my experience there will be inter-channel interference. (There is no 802.11N then).

As a engineer, I am not too sure whether 20-30 AP can really be done in close proximity. Maybe can, so I want to hear the rationale of IDA and Qala and want them to convince me.

The IDA person (IT expert) cannot answer and try to bluff me and told me something that you are teacher, don try to act smart.

I told me I used to deploy network bla bla... The whole theatre suddenly become deaf silence. You know what happened after that? I am out of the game of the commitee of implementing WIFI in school.

I have many many stories...

I am going to be adamant that this time I would not talk about civil service again in this post.