Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How to be rich?
Thread: How to be rich?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks bro for sharing. I thought I was the weird one who have similar aspirations as you. The thought of slogging it out in an office trying to earn 100-200k or more a year is crap. Not my kind of life. Most of the rich pple i know are self-employed. Well-to-do ones from banks (front office), and normal guys like myself from MNCs, Stat boards etc.

I always think any industry can make good money if you are good and able to deliver your goods and services in a smarter, faster and good manner.

I think I need some time to convince my wife too...
Well, everyone talks about starting a cafe or an internet business (that includes me and my wife), but there's a certain learning curve involved. If you don't know how & where to start, you will be just throwing money away as "tuition fees".

I heard from my uncle in renovation that there are so many youngsters who pooled money to start pubs and cafes, and subsequently just failed within months. A few hundred K's down the drain (well, actually the money went to landlords and reno contractors.)

It's so easy to say: to make money, start a business cos it's scalable; but actually doing it and making it succeed is a whole different matter. To many people, it's much much easier to just work for someone, even if there's a risk, perceived or otherwise, of getting retrenched and unemployable in their forties.