Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Breach of contract recruitment agency
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2021, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Chua View Post
I was finding job 6 months ago through a recruiter, let's call them 'C'. They offered me a job and I accepted the offer and signed C LOA . But I had a change of mind, and eventually told C that I'm not interested, and did not turn up at the client's place to sign the letter of appointment (LOA). Before that I did ask C for the LOA, but C had insisted not to give, saying its for audit compliance and does not carry any of the employment obligation between me and the recruiter.

After I rejected the offer, C reiterated our email exchange and mentioned that there is a contractual obligation between us. In our contract, it was mentioned that I would only consider accepting any client's job offer if C could garner a minimum monthly basic salary of S$3k, which C had successfully done so based on my request. C had negotiated with this client without my knowledge or request, saying that there was 1 competing candidate and C had negotiated for the client to accept me.

C is threatening legal proceedings against me for breach of contract if I do not pay them a compensation of 1 month in salary as per the contractual obligations, which had also stated that if I reneged an offer after acceptance, they could seek compensation from me.

What should I do?
What can they do? Nothing.

What will they likely do? Nothing.