Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Out of business, out of job & out of luck, Need Advice!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by killharder View Post
Hi there,

Need kind advice here.

At the age of 37, unable to stomach my boss's tyranny, I left the job within a year abruptly. My pay was $6k then. I started a unplanned business and ended up losing a fortune with my business partner who later declared bankrupt (but not me). Although I am down and out, I started sending tons of resume, signed up few expensive Entrepreneur/Tradings' courses and visited CDC. After 2 years of job hunting, exhausted my contacts and savings, I found my option is getting lesser and lesser with bills piling up fast with 2 kids to feed. I even went to learning institution to be selected for 'place & train' program on some junior IT positions as I don't mind severe pay-cut but they ask me to wait & wait......

On CDC, they finally give me a call 6 mths later & the officer asked me "Have you found a job yet?" I heart sank as I am expecting answer such as "I may have jobs opening for you.."

On 2 rare given job interviews, they asked less than 5 questions and the whole session ended less than 5-7 minutes. I was thinking my age & unsuccessful business venture could be a deterring factor.

At the age of 39, I am totally lost. Life has lost its color and I don't really wish to end up to be a taxi driver as I don't wish to disappoint my unknowing aging parent.

Tks for reading.
If you are really desperate, you should lower your pride and at least start to apply for a taxi licence. I heard over radio that a cab driver can possibly make a net profit of 4k/mth. Not high, but enough to get by. At least it's better than sitting around at home doing nothing.