Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2021, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Junior officers are mostly posted to enforcement/frontline branches as they have the most positions, hence the chance of you starting with either an enforcement or frontline (ie checkpoints) posting is quite high. The shift pattern depends on where you are posted to. For instance, frontline postings mostly have a cyclic shift pattern (3 x 7/8 hour shifts - morning/afternoon/night) whereas enforcement branches may differ from each other in terms of shift due to the difference in work eg morning/afternoon shift and then the usual morning/afternoon/night shifts). Training also differs from branch to branch, mostly are OJT although enforcement branches provide additional defensive training in order to restrain/defend yourself from aggressive offenders.
Thank you for the useful info. During my interview, they did asked me if i can run and if i can handle difficult situations. Coming from enforcement background of almost 7 years, i answered them yes i can.

Are we allowed to express interest in enforcement posting first? Like those hardcore unit i read about doing raids in geylang area? Hahaha.