Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - On Margin Call for Property
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I still dont see the HDB prices coming off. in fact my area hitting new highs everytime i go to the resale HDB price website.

There is really a lot of genuine demand due to underbuilding of past 5 years. Like it or not, for the next 2-3 years, with low interest rate (FED and ECB already flatten the interest to very low levels). how to drop?

Beyond that hard to tell as a lot of HDBs and private apartments will be ready by then.

Those waiting to see a 50% drop, i think you got to wait a bit longer.. boom and bust i agree, but the cycle could be longer than you tink.
MM Lee has said many times but some stupid people just cannot understand. Note the word "stupid" in his speech.

14 Nov 2010

HDB flat owners should not sell their flats, as they are assets that will appreciate in value year after year, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew last night.

Addressing some 500 residents at a constituency event in Tanjong Pagar GRC, he said: 'I urge you not to listen to the estate agents and sell it and go and rent a flat because that's a stupid thing to do.