Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - When you were young...
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

when i was young (i am now 30+), i knew **** about career planning, value of money, specifically how important money is.

in my early 20s, like most young man, i wanted to enter cadet pilot scheme. airline pilots (provide that they do not fail their medicals in their later stages in life) offer a stable, well paying (not very well paying but good enough) job. plus if you are a pilot, you will probably stay as one for the rest of your career. no real need to polish resume, job hop, worry about promotions (pilot promotions to SFO and Capt are quite structure), clicking with new colleagues, committee meetings, change of bosses, etc.

when i am older (now), my choices are limited. i do not qualify as cadet pilot. i am not a scholar hence president, perm sec and other such plum positions are out. i did not study nor enter banking and finance, nor law, nor med in my mid-20s so this potentially lucrative sectors are out too.

like most, i console myself that i can play with my young son and baby daughter every nite. maybe take them out during weekends.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app