Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2021, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
aiyah. u talk about devilish patient, us doctors are not saints also.

I work in public with some ahem *locum-ing* and i've seen my fair share of GP who anyhow...

- pat complain of fatigue -> empirically start on levothyroxine. No blood test, no further hx no examination, nothing. I nearly fell off my chair when i saw the note. Consulting doc wrote literally 2 lines.

- there's the private GP pat with like 3 anti-hypertensives, dapa , fenofibrates and crestor who come into polyclinic wanting to buy the medicine cheaply. He was like paying 400 dollar per mth for medicine. After Im done with the pat 6 months later, he is on amlodipine, metformin and simvastatin paying $3.3 per week. Dude was a cleaner making 1.5K a month. Come on la, u want chop carrot chop some sultan i no problem, u go chop this poor uncle...

by and large most patient ok esp the heartlander population i serve. Most of them pretty appreciative.
quoting that Erwin Kay isn't a good example. Surely he didn't go buy the machine because that patient requested right? He bought the machine wanting to make money off it and started using it to cure everything from headaches to piles. He is like the doctor who empirically start levothyroxine, or another guy who started methotrexate , s://sg.news.yahoo.com/doctor-charged-for-causing-patients-death-through-prescribing-drugs-without-tests-042203520.html
3.3 dollars/week, guess thats the luxury that only ops can offer. Private would close down long time ago.