Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2021, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Replying to post #14427

-I’m not from KCL - the person who replied you was a troll

-I wouldn’t have looked elsewhere so early on in my career if B4 pay wasn’t so incommensurate to the demanding hours/high expectations

-Some SG recruiters and B4 associates know who I am

-Yes, the partner at my current firm lets me lead nego calls on security docs and he chimes in when needed. I was trained very well by B4 partners to function above a 1PQE’s typical job scope

-I’m working at a US firm in London (yes taxes suck compared to SG and COL is high but the deals are more complex, I get to work with the biggest FIs, funds and PE shops in London/US and culture is better)

-I’m on the DPW scale (I’m 1PQE on the SG scale and in my current firm I’m considered a 2020 qualifier ie 1PQE on the UK scale). I’m drawing the £ equivalent of 205K USD annually.

Trying my best not to dox myself but if you find out who I am, please feel free to reach out on LinkedIn. I know my story seems unrealistic but I didn’t mean to share it to make others feel bad/less about where they are. I apologise if it came off that way! I was hoping to encourage other corporate juniors feeling stuck to go out and explore their options.
Ah i know who you are. A little on the heavy side arent you?