Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2021, 06:07 PM
Verified Member

kim1995 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thinking of quitting the job im working at for 1.5months. Initially wanted to quit on the first week. Told myself to try out for at least a month. But I still dont like what i am doing. mnc company but i just have no interest in doing what i am currently doing.

I have received other calls for interviews while i was working at the mnc but i reject it as it will probably be the similar type of job. Therefore, i want to go for something im passionate about.
Hey,

The general advice when it comes to job hopping is to acquire at least a year at your old position. Not just for your resume sake ( 1 year employment history looks better than multiple 3 months - 6 months employment ), but to get your bonus and see if you'll get a pay bump or a title bump.

If you're sure that there's no incentive for you to stay then of course, just start interviewing and once you have an official offer, plan an exit from your old job. Don't worry too much about it, there's always a better job out there where you'll eventually find your passion.