Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Eng to IT/game or industrial design?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 PM
CannonFairy

Don't really know if you are serious.

I'm a hiring manager for games related projects and was myself a game developer who was mainly involved in server back-end and AI.

For a good lead developer with 2 to 3 credited games of reasonable standard, the salary can hit lower range of 5 digits. However, most newbies start off as a junior programmer who get paid around $2K or there-about. A lot of low value jobs are also being outsourced to overseas.

For graphic artist, let me just say that it is not easy to find work for games development company. A lot of modeling and design work is being outsourced to overseas, which is cheaper. The locals are mainly skilled artist who QCs the finished artwork and do some touch up and minor modification when requested. Not really for fresh graduates.

The talented and highly specialized would have joined the animation industry which, I understand, is subsidized by the government. Without subsidies, I highly doubt these companies will still be staying in Singapore. Also, most of these companies will in-source a lot of their staff to Singapore, given that their salary is subsidized. Local hires generally do not get the same package as their own staff.

Good Luck.