Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Serious advice on career change needed.
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2021, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Seeking sincere career advice 🙏🏼

Hi all, decided to post here cause I have no idea why I can’t register as a user and create a thread…

Currently seeking career advice especially from HR / ex-insurance agents / those who work in HQ of insurance companies / banks.

I’m 24F, graduated from local uni with a mechanical engineering degree last year and have been working as an insurance agent the past 2 years (please no hate comments on this career, I’ve learnt so much and am very grateful to have this experience). Currently close to finishing my diploma in personal financial planning too.

Starting to look for a new job as the allowance scheme I’m on will be ending soon and find that I don’t see myself in this job long term. Mainly because I would like some stability and am not that keen on continuously finding new customers.

May I know what are some career options that I can consider in banks / HQ insurance companies that have good starting pay and progression? I am hoping for about $4.5k-$5k/mth. This amount is able to greatly support my elderly parents and I do feel it’s not impossible to reach since I have some experience and qualifications. But I’m still inexperienced and not as knowledgable in this area so would appreciate feedback on my expectation.

I’m keen to explore and do not mind continuing a sales role but perhaps maybe more on distribution. Was looking at MAPs too but salary wise seems to range below my expectation.

Ps. I did look into becoming a RM but decided it’s not for me.