Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-08-2021, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Feeling a bit jaded.
I love teaching and the satisfaction of seeing my students succeed, and the sense of fulfillment from helping them with their issues outside of academics.
But the sheer amount of (meaningless, irrelevant) admin work and slow progression (earning just 5k+ at 31, laughable annual increment) makes me think of jumping out of teaching.

What are some viable careers if I were to leave teaching? Could someone share some of their own experience or perhaps what they've seen others do successfully once they have left teaching?
Actually im curious to know too. Im not a teacher but i dont think teachers can do anything more than maybe just administrative work in private sector if not in teaching.

Maybe teachers can pick up things fast and learn fast? So can contribute to maybe training users in tech platforms which involves alot of clicking around, understanding dependencies etc?

Anyway the decision to teach is actually made knowing full well that you wont be able to do anything else other than teaching if you are not ok with jumping for lower pay.