Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Tech Public Sector vs Non FAANG Private Sector
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgiHamster View Post
1. Ideally, I am aiming for at least 5k starting salary. For an undergrad, I have considerably good experience with tech (non SWE roles and several interviewers have been very impressed by my resume and tech knowledge for a non IT related degree. Still engineering though just not the exact domain)
so I just hope to be able to get a good starting salary based on my skills and organizations like DSO,DSTA,GovTech,HTX pay >5k starting salary hence the choices

2. Most deep tech companies are SMEs and they dont pay well though they do really interesting work.

3. I don't qualify for FAANG, Shopee sort of organizations because *I think I suck at technical assessments*. Not from com sci or com eng. I do some coding practices every now and then but definitely not good enough for top paying companies like FAANG. Also, they don't really focus much on the roles (not SWE) I am interested in so....
Then why the heck does any company want to pay you $5k starting pay? Get real la. Lots of talent out there. Lots of competition.