Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021?
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2021, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFinalYearUndergrad View Post
Not sure if what I'm hearing is totally off from my friends in the same year who have already secured advance offers but it seems like thread is a little off? I'm from Tech, most of us are either full stack(Java/Go/Python) with cloud (k8s/aws certified/gcp/devops) or are ML analysts (image/text/data). These are the salary offered, will indicate it as a range.

GovTech (TAP): 5k to 6.5k (all previous interns)
GS(Tech): 6k to 7k (all previous interns)
Citi(Tech): 5k to 6k (all previous interns)
SME(Tech): 5k to 6k (all previous interns)
Shopee(Tech): 4.5k to 5.5k (all previous interns)

Honours wise, everyone in the list is at least a second upper. Majority are first class.
First class honours and second upper honours cannot secure good pay means either your own marketing suck or you needs help with your own career goals. Taking a lowball offer anywhere, moreso in an SME, is really chop carrot and your loss in terms of current and future pay.

So good luck have fun for second lower and third class honours and those without honours. As well not even bother since the disadvantage is big. Hope you have external industrial certifications (AWS, GCP, etc) that might make up for your lack of competency in your course.