Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice for internships
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Verified Member

walsly is on a distinguished road
Default Need Advice for internships

Hi everyone, been lurking around in this forum for sometime and decide to create an acct to post this.

I am currently studying in SIM-UOL in econs & finance. Just completed my first year currently in my 2nd year. My results for first year were pretty good, hopefully i can ace my 2nd yr exams as well.
Now, i am actually thinking of getting a career in commodities trading (particularly agri commodities like palm oil,sugar,etc) in the future. So now i am thinking of getting more exposure to this industry by applying to firms for internship during my 2nd yr holidays (May onwards).

1) When is a good time for me to send in my application? Is it too early if i send in say in december?

2) I looking through some of the websites of the big firms(olam,noble,wilmar,cargill, louis dreyfus, AA, etc) they did not put up any information about interning at their companies, so i was wondering how should i go about applying for the internship? Deposit my resume with them by sending to their HR?

3) How should i structure my application ? Do i make it like a resume-like format?

Sorry if its a little lengthy but this is the first time i am applying for internships. Would love to hear from the working ppl here!